Thushara Priyamal Edirisinghe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thushara Priyamal Edirisinghe is an engineer from Athurugiriya. According to a Sri Lanka Daily News report Thushara is powering a car by water, using an extremely low amount of electricity. Prime Minister Ratnasiri Wickramanayaka pledged to provide bank loans and facilities to carry out the conversion of fuel-powered engines to water-powered ones.//
Water fuled car
The car, travelled from Christ King College, Pannipitiya, Thushara, to Anuradhapura and back on mere three litres of water.(80 km/l) Thushara claims the energy is produced by the splitting water into separate Hydrogen and Oxygen molecules using a current of barely 0.5 amperes then burning it in the engine. According to the news report Thushara claims the technology existed for 60 years and that the generator could be fixed to any petrol or diesel vehicle with suitable adjustments. Using "water" as opposed to oil that react with lubricating oil would also extend the life of the vehicle.
Thushara explained the technology behind his creation to the Prime Minister of Sri Lanka Ratnasiri Wickramanayaka at Temple Trees Wednesday, 15 July 2008 Prime Minister Ratnasiri Wickramanayaka (who also holds portfolios of Minister of Internal Administration and Deputy Minister of Defense) extended the Government’s fullest support to his efforts to introduce the water-powered car to the Sri Lankan market. The Premier also pledged to provide bank loans and facilities to carry out the conversion of fuel-powered engines to water-powered ones.
- ^ TV coverage Water Car from Srilanka!!
- ^ a b c d e f Dailynews Sri Lanka: Groundbreaking invention from Athurugiriya youth
- ^ The nation Sri Lankan engineer M.A. Thushara Edirisinghe set to give motorists a shot in the arm with his invention that enables vehicles to run with water instead of fuel
- ^ Business intelligence Middle east:The water-powered car race heats up still further
- ^ Dailynews Sri Lanka: In search of creativity
- ^ Sinhalaya News Agency: Walter Jayawardhana:Sri Lankan inventor says he has made the car that runs on water
- ^ Ratnasiri Wickramanayaka also holds portfolios of Minister of Internal Administration and Deputy Minister of Defense.
- ^ picture
- Equinox: It Runs on Water 1995 film.