- I was reading people's blogs, and was scared more than I was bored. It was funny to see that Gaby has near 300 entries- and wondered if she has a job. If not, need to get some hobbies.
- Her magazine idea is not really original, and could be better. No offense. I graduated from business school and I can judge that your business (should say 'common') sense is just lacking or that of a young kid. What do you have to offer that no one has? The content published would be dull and not exciting to consumers. Starting a magazine requieres capital as you noticed, but if thats not enough it requieres marketing, and talent- something which is not present here.
- Prints will never dissapear, they complement the internet. For how long has paper print been around, it's not going plummet, whoever said that seriously lacks a brain.
- For the most part I will say the idea is simply awful, the writers you depended on besides being non existent are terrible, and most likely need prozak. (no sarcasm here, some were even talking about their cat. that almost made me cry, how sad).
- I did read the suggestion to Yahoo, that they could start one. That is not only possible but actually a thought outside the box. Yahoo could land deals with some writers that could be side to side with regular joes debating topics; if not placing highly ranked posts on some existing magazines. Ofcourse you can all forget about making any kind of profit, after all you are not taking any risk in this joint venture.
Thank you simon s
"What do you have to offer that no one has?"
I have you working on a business plan.
"The content published would be dull and not exciting to consumers."
I don't think anyone is unable to produce one good post in 30 days. You say your unable to find blogs about things that interest you. But your feedback on my idea clearly shows your interested. The CMS for the magazine would allow you to vote for (or against) it, thats more fair. It would even dare say it would be the first source of non-malformed news, Asian news from Asia, EU news from the EU. Or do you seriously think the news from America should be written by an advert-driven pro-European propaganda medium? Content would be the least of the problems. I do agree it's not easy but other stuff is more complex.
"Starting a magazine requires capital as you noticed"
And capital needs planning, something we are doing here at this very moment. (I will never pay you. btw)
"but if thats not enough it requires marketing, and talent- something which is not present here."
nah don't be sad I think your really talented and I will use your wisdom wisely.
"I did read the suggestion to Yahoo, that they could start one."
A nice thought, that would change it into a normal magazine. It would look a bit like yahoo is trying to rip people off if they asked money for being published. If the advertisers would be interested it could absolutely work!
"Ofcourse you can all forget about making any kind of profit"
If yahoo would use one of my silly ideas I would proffit from the publicity. I do hope you have an avatar by then. :-)
"after all you are not taking any risk in this joint venture."
I don't know, I still didn't fix my relationship with prophet. He is a bit harder to exploit as you. I do remind him of the holidays but I have so manny worshippers it upsets him. hahaha
Education never means your right because I say so.